Views:72 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-12-07 Origin:Site
Structural steel is a category of steel used for making building construction materials in a variety of shapes. Many structural steel shapes take the form of an elongated beam having a profile of a specific cross section.
Most structural steel shapes, such as I-beams, have high second moments of area, which means they are very stiff in respect to their cross-sectional area and thus can support a high load without excessive sagging.
The versatility and durability of structural steel make it the ideal building construction material for many steel structure projects. Structural steel construction can be used for a range of industrial, commercial and agricultural projects as well, such as steel structure warehouse, steel workshop, factory building, steel structure aircraft hangar, prefabricated office building, apartment building, steel structure shopping mall, steel structure exhibition room, steel structure poultry house, chicken house, pig house, cow shed and so on.
Following are some advantage that make structureal steel an appealing building option:
1. Faster construction: because the structural steel componets is pre-engineered before leaving the facotry, produced according to requirement of customer. It shows up to the worksite pre-cut and ready to be assembled.
2. Versatility: structural steel is such a versatile product. It can be formed into pretty much any shape, and its high strength and durability allow to be used in steel structure projects that require long, clear spans, including: indoor arenas, logistics storage warehouse, large spane steel workshop, aircrft hangar.
3. Light steel structure: compared to timber, glulam or other engineered wood beams, a steel I-beam with the same load-bearing qualities will weigh less. because a result of an I-beam’s contoured shape and the strength of steel
4. Environment friendly: Most of the excess material can be 100% recycled
5. Jobsite safety: jobsite safety is always a priority with any project erection, Because steel building materials are prefabricated before leaving factory, it streamlines onsite activity to ensure a safe, efficient building process.